The purpose of Grants in Herpetology from the 金宝博亚洲Virginia Herpetological Society (VHS) is to stimulate and encourage herpetological research relevant to Virginia.应使用授予的赠款，at least in part,for research on reptiles and amphibians native or naturalized to Virginia.赠款对所有成员开放，including high school / college students,教师和教授以及任何非附属的VHS成员。Although this grant program is geared towards scientific research,other uses of a grant award will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
These grants are available in amounts up to $500.Grant awards greater than $500 may be considered by the VHS,在特殊情况下，对弗吉尼亚州的疱疹有很高价值的示范方法或产品的项目。Salaries and travel expenses are not supported by this grant.
Grant proposals should be addressed to the current President (email@example.com) of the VHS and received by January 15 of each year.在此日期之后提交的文件将不予考虑。The proposals will be judged by the VHS Executive Committee.By a popular vote,the President will announce the top recipient(s) by March 1.The VHS is not obligated to fund any proposal that does not meet the minimum requirements,车辆健康管理系统有权以任何理由拒绝任何建议。The VHS also may fund more than one grant in a given year,no grants,or as many as it deems satisfactory.
The grant proposal should use all current scientific standards and nomenclature.However,consider that some judges of the Executive Committee are not academics,因此，鼓励申请人为广大读者写作。Applicants are also encouraged to hyperlink to websites within the document of any obscure terms or concepts that may further the understanding of the proposal.If a cited paper is critical to the understanding of the methodology of the experiment,the applicant should consider submitting an electronic version of the paper with the proposal.
Examples of uses of a grant award include the purchase of materials for:
- scientific research at any education level.
- quasi-scientific research for demonstration purposes at the high school level.
- quality exhibit labels and information signs at nature centers and parks.
- 有形的保护活动（例如a safe turtle road crossing).
Those interested in pursuing a grant award for items two,three,and four,should contact the VHS President (firstname.lastname@example.org) for project-specific submission requirements.
Criteria for judging proposals
- The importance of the study to understanding herpetology in Virginia.
- The conservation status of the species under study.
- The potential for public / student involvement and / or education.
- The likelihood of the recipient being able to complete the project and fulfill the requirements of the grant award (see below).
Eligibility for Submission
- 赠款对所有成员开放，including high school / college students,教师和教授以及任何非附属的VHS成员。
- Membership Dues: If the Primary Investigator is not a member of the VHS,the Primary Investigator must become a member at the time of the application submission and must maintain membership through the grant fulfillment of publishing or presenting (see Requirements for Grant Award Fulfillment ).
Requirements for Submission
- A membership of the VHS.
- A description of the proposed research.
- Timeline of the project,including the expected completion.
- A budget showing the distribution of the grant money between equipment and supplies.
- A CV (or resume) of the Primary Investigator.(Preferably in the same file as the proposal.)
- Submissions are required to be electronic and in a Microsoft Word compatible format.这将使法官能够在文件中作出自己的加分，which will facilitate the judging.除MS Word格式外，欢迎申请人以自己选择的格式提交提案。
All or portions of the research must be published in the VHS' own peer-reviewed journal Catesbeiana -OR- presented as a poster or oral presentation at a VHS fall meeting.A smaller subset of data from the project is eligible for publication.If the final product is better suited for another journal,a waiver may be granted by the journal editor.If an article is published in another journal that resulted from the receipt of a VHS grant award,主要调查员必须：
- provide the VHS with a reprint of the manuscript for inclusion in the VHS archives.
- provide recognition to the VHS in the acknowledgments.
车辆健康管理系统必须在授予两年内通知发布或展示的意图，以满足授予要求。The primary investigator will be required to return the full amount of the grant awarded if:
- a membership with the VHS is not maintained from the time the grant is awarded to the time the grant is fulfilled.
- the results of the research are not published in Catesbeiana or presented at a VHS Fall Meeting within three years of grant fulfillment (see above).
- there are significant deviations from the methods outlined in the proposal,或者资金不用于一般用途。
- abuse of the grant award,or illegal or unethical activities associated with the research.